eBay now allows sellers to upload videos of their products, allowing their customers to better understand the products that they are buying.
For all of you who are familiar with Ad-Lister, adding a video is just as easy as adding any other image. Simply upload it into Ad-Lister, add it to your product, and you’re good to go! And for those of you who aren’t yet familiar with Ad-Lister, feel free to give it a try and see for yourself how easy it is to add videos (or photos, or anything else really) to your eBay listings.
Our top tips for creating effective videos:
Your videos should showcase your item’s benefits and unique features and answer important questions that buyers may have. The videos can have various styles such as:
- Unboxing videos
- Product instructions/ how-to videos
- Installation guides (e.g. for Parts & Accessories)
- DIY videos (for example, using powertools on a woodwork projects or a recipe using a kitchen appliance)
- Videos that clarify the item condition (e.g. scuffs, nicks, tears)
- Your videos should be used as an additional source of information. You should still primarily describe your items with text and photos.
Ideally, videos should have a duration of one minute or less. Videos need to comply with the same listing policies as any other content in listings.